As I was doing a bit of site maintenance tonight, it dawned on me to check my earliest post here.
Believe it or not, it was dated November 15, 2005.
Which means today I’m into the start of this site’s 10th year.
- I blogged WAY too much about Southern Baptist Convention stuff. 150+ posts in the first couple years. Thanks Micah. 🙂
- I’ve announced a baby, and shared a TON of photos of my kiddos (all three).
- I’ve blogged about mission trips, and the inevitable culture shock. Of coming home.
- I’ve chronicled entire Chiefs seasons. Bad ones, at that.
- I’ve been through a multi-year battle with cholesteatoma, from discovery, three surgeries, to “new normal”.
- I’ve shared bucket list items, like batting practice at the K, seeing the Royals win the pennant, and yes… seeing a Royals World Series.
- And I’ve shared devotions and thoughts from Scripture. A bunch of them. “Toward the Goal” wouldn’t be complete without this.
Yep. There have been some very prolific years of writing. And there have been some major droughts.
But “Toward the Goal” has remained an outlet for many things. Therapeutic writing. Articles intended to encourage others. Photo-sharing for family. Sports commentary. Ranting on current issues. Sharing thoughtful articles that I’ve found online.
All with an over-arching purpose. Maybe not read by a huge audience (yes, I’m in the sub-10 visitor per day range nowadays). But it’s all there for God to use as He sees fit.
And it will continue to be.
Here’s to year 10!
Connect with me...
Share this post!